top 10 international Airports in the usa
top 10 international Airports in the usa
1. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL): Located in Atlanta, Georgia, Hartsfield-Jackson is the busiest airport in the world and the primary hub for Delta Air Lines. Things to do in Atlanta include visiting the World of Coca-Cola, exploring the Georgia Aquarium, taking a stroll through Centennial Olympic Park, and visiting the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site. Other attractions include Zoo Atlanta, Stone Mountain Park, and Six Flags Over Georgia.
2. Los Angeles International Airport (LAX): Located in Los Angeles, California, LAX is one of the busiest airports in the United States and a major hub for American Airlines and United Airlines. Things to do in Los Angeles include visiting Universal Studios Hollywood, taking a tour of Hollywood Boulevard and its Walk of Fame stars, exploring Griffith Observatory and its views of downtown LA and Hollywood Sign, and checking out The Getty Center’s art collection. Other attractions include Disneyland Resort, Santa Monica Pier, and Venice Beach Boardwalk.
3. O’Hare International Airport (ORD): Located in Chicago, Illinois, O’Hare is one of the busiest airports in the world and a major hub for United Airlines. Things to do in Chicago include visiting Millennium Park with its iconic Cloud Gate sculpture (aka “The Bean”), exploring Navy Pier with its Ferris wheel rides and lakefront views of Lake Michigan, taking an architectural boat tour along the Chicago River to see some of the city’s famous skyscrapers up close, and checking out The Art Institute of Chicago’s impressive collection of artwork from around the world. Other attractions include Shedd Aquarium, Willis Tower Skydeck Ledge observation deck with its glass boxes extending over four feet outside the building’s 103rd floor balcony level.,
4. Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW): Located between Dallas and Fort Worth in Texas DFW is one of the largest airports in America with five terminals connected by an underground train system called Skylink. Things to do in Dallas/Fort Worth include visiting Six Flags Over Texas amusement park for roller coasters rides or exploring Fort Worth Stockyards National Historic District with its old-timey saloons and cattle drives reenactments as well as shopping at Sundance Square or catching a show at Bass Performance Hall or Billy Bob’s Texas honky tonk bar & dance hall . Other attractions include The Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Garden , Perot Museum Of Nature And Science , Reunion Tower Observation Deck , AT&T Stadium ,and Klyde Warren Park .
5. Denver International Airport (DEN): Located 25 miles northeast of downtown Denver Colorado DEN is one of America’s largest airports with six runways serving more than 58 million passengers annually .Things to do in Denver includes visiting Red Rocks Amphitheater for outdoor concerts or exploring Rocky Mountain National Park for hiking trails ,wildlife viewing ,and scenic drives .Other attractions includes Denver Zoo ,Denver Botanic Gardens ,Denver Art Museum ,Coors Field baseball stadium ,and Elitch Gardens Theme & Water Park .
6. San Francisco International Airport (SFO): Located 13 miles south of downtown San Francisco SFO is one of America’s busiest airports serving more than 55 million passengers annually .Things to do in San Francisco includes riding cable cars up steep hillsides or exploring Alcatraz Island prison which was once home to some notorious criminals such as Al Capone .Other attractions includes Golden Gate Bridge ,Fisherman’s Wharf area with seafood restaurants & souvenir shops ,Lombard Street known as “the crookedest street” due to its 8 sharp turns on a steep hillside ,Chinatown district filled with Chinese restaurants & shops selling traditional items such as tea sets & silk robes .
7. John F Kennedy International Airport (JFK): Located 15 miles southeast from Manhattan JFK is New York City’s main airport serving more than 50 million passengers annually .Things to do in New York City includes visiting Empire State Building observation deck for panoramic views or exploring Central Park which covers 843 acres filled with lakes ponds gardens playgrounds sculptures fountains bridges walking paths & ice skating rinks .Other attractions includes Statue Of Liberty ferry ride from Battery Park Manhattan side or Staten Island side Brooklyn Bridge walkway across East River Times Square area filled with neon lights Broadway theaters Rockefeller Center observation deck Top Of The Rock viewing platform Metropolitan Museum Of Art Guggenheim Museum American Museum Of Natural History Intrepid Sea Air Space Museum High Line elevated park walkway along West Side Manhattan Chelsea Market food hall Madison Square Garden arena Radio City Music Hall theater Lincoln Center performing arts complex
8. Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA): Located 12 miles south from Seattle SEA serves more than 45 million passengers annually making it one of America’s busiest airports .Things to do in Seattle includes visiting Space Needle observation tower for 360 degree views or exploring Pike Place Market which has been operating since 1907 offering fresh produce seafood flowers crafts souvenirs restaurants cafes & entertainment venues .Other attractions includes Seattle Great Wheel ferris wheel ride along Elliott Bay waterfront Olympic Sculpture Park outdoor art gallery Chihuly Garden And Glass museum dedicated to glass artist Dale Chihuly Woodland Park Zoo aquarium Pacific Science Center interactive science exhibits Seattle Aquarium marine life exhibits EMP Museum interactive music exhibits Hiram M Chittenden Locks boat passage between Puget Sound & Lake Washington University Of Washington campus tours
9 Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX): Located 3 miles east from downtown Phoenix PHX serves more than 44 million passengers annually making it one of America’s busiest airports .Things to do in Phoenix includes visiting Desert Botanical Garden which covers 140 acres filled with cacti succulents trees shrubs wildflowers desert plants & wildlife habitats or exploring Heard Museum which has been operating since 1929 offering Native American art artifacts jewelry pottery baskets weaving textiles photographs videos films music performances lectures workshops classes demonstrations etc..Other attractions includes Camelback Mountain hiking trails South Mountain Preserve hiking trails Pueblo Grande Ruin archaeological site Musical Instrument Museum interactive music exhibits Phoenix Zoo wildlife habitats Arizona Science Center interactive science exhibits Chase Field baseball stadium Talking Stick Resort Arena basketball stadium Arizona State Capitol building tours
10 George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH): Located 23 miles north from Houston IAH serves more than 40 million passengers annually making it one of America’s busiest airports .Things to do in Houston includes visiting Johnson Space Center where astronauts train before their space missions or exploring Houston Zoo which covers 55 acres filled with exotic animals such as elephants giraffes rhinos zebras tigers lions etc..Other attractions includes Downtown Aquarium underwater tunnel walkway Buffalo Bayou Park kayaking canoeing paddle boarding biking trails Houston Arboretum nature trails Houston Museum Of Natural Science interactive science exhibits Children’s Museum Of Houston interactive children